“Oh my gosh! I’m loving the convention videos! Someone won’t be sleeping tonight…” ~C.D.
Scroll down for more testimonials from last year’s participants!
Coming to you now via month-to-month subscription, you will have full, on-demand access to a huge treasure trove of video and audio content* to help you on the path of Leadership Education!
Subscribe for as long as you choose on a monthly basis, and cancel at any time.
Think about it:
Homeschool conventions usually cost a LOT more; and you only hear maybe seven presentations. This convention costs less than most, and:
- you can access it from the comfort and convenience of your own home
- you don’t have the added expenses of childcare, travel, etc.
- you can watch/listen to favorites over and over
- you can share the experience with your household
- you get dozens of presentations to choose from, and time enough to digest them and put them into practice!
PLUS! Nowhere can you get this much content specific to Leadership Education, with its focus on developmentally-empowered, mission-focused, classics-anchored learning.
What to expect from this year’s convention:
Videos from the TJEd Team – Rachel DeMille, Ian Cox, Emma Cox and more…
- For the first time ever: Optional live sessions for real-time mentoring!
- TJEd Lists and Coaching: Specifics on how and what to teach for Math, Reading, Writing – at each phase, with downloads and coaching
- Adult Skills Courses – how and when to use them effectively, with specific downloadable course outlines
- Comparing and Contrasting the Socratic Method and the Leadership Education Method
- What to do when TJEd isn’t working – Troubleshooting and Remedies
- TJEd-ing with special challenges (Public School, Single Parent, Working Parent, Only Child, etc.)
- Cultivating the Art of Conversation in kids and families
- Building a Community Where You Are
- TJEd as the Servant, not the Master
- How to do Mentoring Interviews With Your Kids (with specifics and downloadable forms)
- Dealing With the Uninspired Teen (with specifics and downloadable forms)
- Getting Out of Your Boring Rut
- TJEd and Music Learning: Are “Force it” and “Quit it” your only options?
- Breaking down the TJEd Family Reset: Expanded coaching on each step!
- How to incorporate electronics constructively in your family education culture
…and much, much more!
Plus audios from Oliver DeMille for higher-level mastery:
- College in the Post-COVID era
- 4 Great Eras of Education
- Great Thinkers in Education (featuring Barzun)
- Bestselling Education Books of 2021
- How to Read a Book (mini-seminar in 3 parts)
- Multiple Intelligences (mini-seminar in 3 parts)
- What Should Education Be (mini-seminar in 2 parts)
- Teaching Youth How to Recognize and Combat Socialism
- Access to a huge treasure trove of past presentations, with a reference guide to help you find the ones that best fit your needs today!
To view a rundown of topics covered, visit our Mega Convention Index – then come back here to complete the purchase!
Testimonials regarding last year’s convention:
I just wanted to share my initial experience with the Online Convention so far. Firstly, being in Australia, I am grateful it is online! I’ve started watching a few of the bonus videos before the “real” event starts.
What I’ve watched already has been valuable. I’ve watched the one on Family Work, the one on Scholar Contract and most recently I watched Oliver Jnr.’s one on Mentoring Science.
They have all been worth the time taken to watch and listen. I’d never heard anything from Oliver Jnr. before and found his peaceful manner really calming and easy to listen to. I found the insights into the world of science beneficial and that book list! wow! Thank you. I found this presentation worthwhile – even as a student of psychological science myself!
Well done, thank you and I’m looking forward to the rest of the convention. ~Heidi Lianne
The 4th Annual TJEd Online Convention is everything! I truly enjoy feasting upon it all each year.
I love, love, love what Rachel DeMille shared in her talk “I will know, I will do” over in the Mentoring Moments section!
“If you want a better ability to apply TJEd to your family then you need to daily refresh your knowledge daily of TJEd. It’s not enough to remember what it’s about, or what you read when read it. That doesn’t move the needle on your motivation. That is just head knowledge, not heart knowledge. Heart knowledge comes from the daily stuff.”
I loved how she simply put this into words because over the years I have seen so many times where it has been shared that a person had read the TJEd books before but that’s it. They read it one time and then often are ready to pass it on to another family (which is great), but if you truly want to experience and have that heart knowledge of TJEd, I personally feel that Oliver & Rachel DeMille poured so much into the books that for me it’s something I make a point to read all the time. Whether it’s certain ingredients, or in it’s entirety. They have a blog with wonderful blog posts, annual online conventions and more in which we are able to truly gain our heart knowledge in TJEd!
Thank you! Thank you! Always!! ~Madeleine S.
What a gift the 2020 Online Convention has been to me! I am torn- sad to think it will be over soon, and so excited to implement the next right thing for me and my family. I have grown in confidence so much in these past few weeks. Some of my favorite parts: the Moms Panel, TJEstimonials, “How to Lead Discussion” series, and the New to Homeschool section. I so appreciate the encouraging and fun spirit! Thank you!! ~Rae F.
I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying the TJEd online convention this year! It seems like everything relates to something I have been thinking about, conversations I just had, or lessons I am teaching soon in school. Thank you for putting this together! I am loving it! ~Andrea E.
Just listened to “How to Lead a Discussion for an Adult Group” in the TJEd Convention, and it was EXACTLY what I needed right now. We have an Adult Scholar TJEd Discussion group on Facebook called Liber Academy. We read and discuss a classic each week using Facebook video chat, and our discussions are almost always amazing.
Sometimes I haven’t really known how to lead these discussions effectively though, and I’ve fumbled my way through it. But this talk really hit the nail on the head in helping me think through what the key factors are in having a successful discussion. I highly recommend it! ~Shauna S.
Just wanted to say thank you Rachel DeMille for including “Homeschooling the Exceptional Child: Gifted, Unschooled, Disabled, Dyslexic, etc.” in the bonus content for the conference again this year!!
Equally…. oh my!! What a powerful and moving discussion on Family Work between you and Donna Goff! I have always loved family work but life stress has almost pushed me back into bad habits of forcing the kids to just get tasks done on their own and recently they have been practically begging me to help again.
Today my youngest was asked to pick up all the books that he had emptied from his cupboard onto the floor. He requested help and I replied with “No, you made the mess now clean it up. You got the books out you can put them back. I’ve got other things to do.” Well boy how stupid I felt when he replied, “But we are supposed to help other people. It’s good. That’s what the prophets did!” Complete heart-melt moment and of course he was right, I wasn’t leading by example, following the values I wanted to instill in us all and if course I could not deny his request for help any longer.
Family work isn’t just about getting the house clean. It instill values, it builds relationships and it reduces emotional overwhelm for us all! I also in this moment saw how powerful daily reading and conversations around the families core book sets such a beautiful foundation for not only our personal lives but our families lives too.
Thank you to you both for solidifying that lesson for me today! ~Ambah M.