A. Poe was born in:
B. His mother was:
- A seamstress
- An actress
- A playwright
C. Why was Poe unable to return to University of Virginia after only one session?
- He enlisted in the Army
- His foster father, Mr. Allan, did not give him the money needed for expenses.
- He was failing out of school.
D. Edgar A. Perry was:
- Maria Poe Clemm’s uncle
- A friend of Poe’s in the Army.
- The name Poe used when enlisting in the Army.
E. Poe’s second book of poetry was:
- Al Araaf, Tamerlane and Minor Poems
- Tamerlane and Other Poems
- Tamerlane, Al Araaf, Minor Poems
F. Virginia Clemm was:
- Poe’s wife
- Poe’s cousin
G. From 1835-1837 Poe edited for the following publication:
- Philadelphia Saturday Courier
- Southern Literary Messenger
- Graham’s Magazine
H. Poe was well known not only for his sensational tales but also for his:
- Bedtime stories
- Slashing reviews
I. Poe’s infamous poem “The Raven” was published in this year:
J. Poe died on October 7, 1849 from:
- Causes unknown